Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1209-8A crossover plans needed

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bigjunglejim's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are the 1209-8A and the 1201-8A the same crossover except for the face plate?

    Does anyone have the plans for the Altec 1209-8A crossover? I already have the plans for the 1201-8A

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DNV47's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2006
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes I think they are the same as far as the xover points and internal components but the 1209 was made to be mounted horizontally, it might have 1/4 phone jacks for some purpose on the faceplate and it may have a metal enclosure around the components. I think there was a discussion about this on the Lansing Heritage Forum but I can't remember what subject title it was under. Maybe a search for 1209 or model 19 would weed it out but I think it was part of a model 19 crossover upgrading thread.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    1209-8A crossover plans needed


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=6974

    1209 is different for sure. Pic with values there but no scematic.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've rebuilt both the 1209 ans 1201 and they sureley aren't the same, you can see the parts I used on my web page, Dave.

    Altec A7's

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    1209-8A crossover plans needed


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I think you are mistaken.

    The model 19 and 1201 are the same AFAIK.

    But I believe the 1209 is substantially different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.